Satellite Meditation Group (SMG)
SMG is a non sectarian meditation group of mindfulness practices. We focus on supporting each other in developing wholesome habits. The Visions of SMG is to support yogis to:
- build good habit- the program is design for the reestablishment of wholesome habits,
- learn and strengthen basic mindfulness skills.
We have 4 locations Northwest (NW), Southwest (SW), Katy and Inner Loop (IL).
1. Meditating with a group helps to develop a habit
It's easy to find excuses not to meditate at home. Joining a meditation group can provide the necessary encouragement and motivation for developing a consistent practice and help reinforce your daily practice.
New meditators can learn a great deal from those who have a practice, while experienced meditators can learn a lot from guiding and helping beginners
3. Getting feedback
You might find that other members of your group can help clear up any confusion you may have about meditation, help you find answers addressing difficulties with practice, and provide feedback regarding experiences that arise during the meditation process.
Satellite Meditation Groups are formed in different areas so they are close to the members.
5. Easier to meditate with a group
Many practitioners find it easier to meditate in a group setting than alone.
6. Strengthen connections
Joining a group of like-minded people can provide mutual support and a feeling of connectedness
Is this for me?
- Anyone interested in gaining a deeper awareness of day to day busy urban living.
- Anyone who would like to learn and deepen mindfulness practice in a group setting.
- Anyone who is determine to commit.