Week 2 Notes: June 15, 2009. (22 weeks to go ...)

Tips to "structuring your daily practices": where, when and how long by Bhante Gunaratana.

"... length of time (we suggest at least 20 minutes) is not as important as the regularity ... meditate regularly." ... read more ...
____________________________________________________________
Two Thoughts About Life
1. Setting Priorities ... How long do we have left to live?
What will we do if we ONLY have 22 minutes left to live. We seldom think about this even though we know that this life will end. May be it is time to figure out what is it that is most important in life.!!!

2. Simple Story of Life
Chapter 1:
I walk down the street. There is a deep hole in the sidewalk. I fall in.
I am lost. I am helpless.
It isn’t my fault. It takes forever to find a way out!
Chapter 2:
I walk down the same street. There is a deep hole.
I pretend I don’t see it.
I fall in again!
I can’t believe I am in the same place! But it isn’t my fault.
It still takes a long time to get out!
Chapter 3:
I walk down the same street. There is a deep hole in the sidewalk. I see it there.
I still fall in! It is a habit. My eyes are open. I know where I am.
It is my fault.
I get out immediately!
Chapter 4:
I walk down the same street. There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I walk around it.
Chapter 5:
I walk down a different street!

Comments

  1. Very good, Josten. I think you can rename the title of this simple story to 'Steve's Story of Life". How many times have I done the very same thing?
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Staying On The Path- Zoom Retreat with Bhante Gavesi

Week 1 Notes: June 8, 2009.

10-Day Vipassana Meditation Retreat: 3/1 - 3/12